Excellence resort in Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Elegant beach-chic rooms with colorful Caribbean influences
- Great bars including an open-air sports bar and lively casino
- Two distinct pools; one nearly extends the length of the property
- Outstanding fitness center and yoga room with daily classes
- Glass of sparkling wine upon arrival
- Horseback riding, biking, tennis, and quality excursions
- Weekly manager’s party to mix and mingle
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- A beautiful beach, but waves can be too rough for swimming
- Longer (and more expensive) taxi ride from the airport
- Expect an upgrade pitch for Excellence Club; probably not worth the extra cost
- Fee to access any of the spa facilities
This upscale, adults-only all-inclusive property is a 45-minute drive from the airport and has a spacious beach with rougher waves than at Bavaro Beach down the road. Swimming can be a challenge, but this surfer's paradise has a more secluded feel, even with 464 rooms on the property. The meandering pool is never too crowded, and at night, adults - mostly honeymooners, couples, and wedding groups - can choose from a number of high-end restaurants before hitting the theater or lively casino. Room service is offered 24 hours, and chlorophyll juice and apples are offered in the the stand-out fitness center, yoga room, or luxurious two-floor spa. Excellence knows how to give excellent service, starting with the welcome glass of champagne immediately upon arrival. A more expensive club upgrade is available and may be pitched, but many will find they don't need it with all that is already on offer.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
CategoriesAll-Inclusive, Beachfront, Luxury, Resort, Romantic
You might also like
RFID Passport Holder Dominican Republic Flag with a vintage look, Cover Case /
Blackberry Passport Design Skin "flag of Dominican Republic" Decal Sticker for Passport