Dominican Republic honeymoon All Inclusive
- All-inclusive family-friendly and spring break-friendly property
- Large pool area with swim-up bar and lively scene
- Walkable - easy to get around the entire resort (no shuttle!)
- Great beach location and swimming conditions
- Access to two golf courses (for an extra charge)
- Grandiose entrance, lobby, and outdoor fountain (picture-worthy!)
- Bathrooms come with separate whirlpool tubs and walk-in showers
- Privilege upgrade, for a low fee, offers more amenities
- Non-motorized water sports, soccer, tennis, archery and a fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some room types feel a bit dark
- Not the most romantic ambiance - honeymooners, beware!
- Extra fee for name-brand liquors
- Lounge chairs - especially shaded areas - get snatched early
- Beware of sales people and their excursion pitches
This lively 658-room resort, not to be confused with the more romantic adults-only Royal property, is situated on a pretty section of Bavaro Beach. It appeals to a mix of families, spring breakers, and wedding groups, as well as to a mix of Canadians, Europeans, and Russians of all ages. No guest shall go hungry or thirsty with the wide range of bars, a la carte restaurants, and even a 24-hour pizzeria for those needing a late-night fix. The resort is more walkable that other mega-resorts in the area (it's shuttle-free). Rooms have modern tropical style, whirlpool tubs, and balconies, but they are not the highlight here. Golf fans will love having easy access to the 18- and 9-hole golf courses, and other activities include biking, tennis, archery and a range of free non-motorized water sports (wind surfing, too!. Plenty of people are around to sell extra excursions - start practicing "no, gracias."
CategoriesAll-Inclusive, Beachfront, Kid-Friendly, Party, Resort, Weddings
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
A fun, lively atmosphere for families and groups of all ages
This resort surely wins points for first impressions. Guests pass a picturesque tree-lined golf course and a series of international flags before reaching the lovely lobby with pillars, high ceilings, and welcome fruit punch. Straight ahead is a large fountain that looks spectacular at night, providing a photo-worthy background in changing colors. To the right is a man-made pond with lily pads, statues, and individual pathways that lead toward a la carte restaurants and the casino. On the other side is the main bar and lounge - El Palmeral - a lively spot for drinks and sporting events on televisions throughout the afternoon and evening.
Behind the lobby is a wide pedestrian path that leads to the main buffet and outdoor theater, and toward a garden with a white wedding gazebo. A short walk through this garden takes guests to the the pool and beach. The pool - especially in the presence of the animation team - is likely to have a party scene, and many lounge chairs, especially in the shade, are snatched early.
You might also like
Dominican Coat of Arms Sticker Die Cut Decal Self Adhesive FA Vinyl
Automotive Parts and Accessories (FA Vinyl)