Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus La Romana Dominican Republic
- Complete access to the sister resort next door
- Top-tier rooms have indoor jetted tubs
- Great snorkeling areas nearby
- Espresso, croissants, and an all-night wood-fire pizzeria
- Well-stocked convenience store for the essentials
- Affordable VIP upgrade for extra amenities and access to certain areas
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby
- Expect waits for drinks at the bars, and small pours
- Occasionally the resort is overbooked and the reserved room type is not available
- Customer service, food quality, and Wi-Fi are spotty at best
This 330-room mid-range resort for all ages attracts a European crowd (expect to hear Spanish and Italian) and has about half the number of rooms as its sister property next door. Fewer guests, expansive grounds, and full access to features at both resorts make this the slightly higher-priced option. The rooms are nothing to write home about, but have been upgraded with white comforters and flat-screen TVs; bathrooms have either tub/shower combos or walk-in showers with removable nozzles and limited toiletries (there's a convenience store on-site for the essentials). Kiddos stay busy with shallow swimming on the beach, a children's pool, and kids' zone next door. There are limited reservations for a la carte restaurants, but a late-night wood-fire pizzeria stays open all night.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
CategoriesAll-Inclusive, Beachfront, Kid-Friendly, Party, Resort
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 9 Albums
An average Italian-influenced resort for all ages and nationalities
The bland entrance to the Viva Wyndham Palace is up a hill past a few local shops and cafes. The lobby itself has a its own bar (the lobby at its sister resort, the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, does not) which is the first indication that this property is a slight step ahead in terms of quality - though the name Palace should not fool anyone. Decor is basic at best and the resort caters to mostly Italian families (this area has a history as a Italian tourist colony).