Adults Vacations in Dominican Republic
- Peaceful, adults-only section of a large resort
- Relaxing and low-key environment for couples
- Bright and cheerful lobby with drink service
- Clean rooms with canopy beds and whirlpool tubs
- Coffeemakers, stocked minibars, and flat-screen TVs
- Spa on-site for manicures and couples massages
- Free access to bars and entertainment in other areas of the resort
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby is not reliable (a charge for in-room)
- Slightly outdated decor
- No entertainment or activities on-site (a pro for some!)
This upper-middle-range, adults-only resort is one of the original sections of an ever-growing resort complex that feels sort of like Dominican Republic’s version of Las Vegas. Make sure your driver knows the exact hotel name - there are five hotels total - otherwise you may end up confused at the wrong lobby. Spacious but basic rooms are close to a nice beach, pool, four restaurants, and four bars. The resort is clean but not quite as upscale as advertised; young honeymooners seeking a chic retreat may want to look elsewhere.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
CategoriesAll-Inclusive, Beachfront, Luxury, Resort, Romantic
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Relaxed adults-only property, but may be too quiet for some
The Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar is the adults-only, more upscale section of a massive resort complex, which includes five separate hotels. The wristbands here grant guests access to features and restaurants at neighboring resorts, but the reverse is not true, making this section a bit quieter.
You might also like
Photographic Print of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, West Indies, Caribbean, Central America
Home (Robert Harding)