Grand Palladium Dominican
- Family-friendly all-inclusive resort with pretty beach
- Four separate pools and many options for food and drink
- Renovated rooms with contemporary decor, coffeemakers, and minibars
- Evening entertainment, casino, and disco
- Windsurfing, catamarans, and tennis courts
- Free trolley rides from main areas of each resort
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby
- Access to amenities at two sister properties
- Expect to do lot of walking
- Buffets (especially at breakfast and lunch) are quite busy
- Check-in can be a slow process
- The beach can get crowded
- Some unrenovated rooms with dated decor
The 674-room Grand Palladium Bavaro is spread over spacious grounds (guests also have access to two sister properties) offering 15 bars, five buffets, and eight restaurants. Walking shoes are recommended, but family-friendly amenities, lower prices than some neighbors, and renovated rooms are the big draws. In 2014, the resort added 178 units including a swim-up option overlooking the beach (a great pick for honeymooners - otherwise romantics may want to check out the adults-only Royal Turquesa next door). Kids and their parents, on the other hand, will appreciate the outstanding kids' club, but the beach can get crowded.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
CategoriesAll-Inclusive, Beachfront, Kid-Friendly, Party, Resort, Romantic
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
All-inclusive, beachfront property
There are four separate Palladium properties making up a huge complex on this particular stretch of Bavaro beach. It can be hard to keep them straight (they all feel pretty similar). The open-air lobby of this property is attached to a terrace with plenty of seating for reading or enjoying a drink from the main bar. In the evening, guests can start and finish the night here or head to many other bars, such as the Hemingway. Evening entertainment can sometimes occur directly in the lobby, otherwise the animation team has a nightly performance on the theater stage, and of course, later at night partiers and gamblers can hit up the disco and casino.
You might also like
early 1900s photo Children of Senor Luis Galvan, Dominican Republic Vintage c1
Home (Vintage History)