Beaches in Punta Cana Dominican Republic
Larimar, a mineral mined only in the Dominican Republic, is the most widely sold jewelry by these vendors. They want an arm-and-a-leg for this jewelry, and often take tourists for an expensive ride.
Make sure it's authentic...
Hold a flame to the stone for a couple seconds, take the flame away, then touch the stone. It should be cold to the touch, as true Larimar will not hold heat.
Unique Suggestions: If you decide to shop at the resort vendors stations, wait until "Free Market" day. On this night, the resort allows additional vendors to come in and sell their wares. These vendors sell the same quality of jewely, and because of the principle of supply and demand, as well as the fact that the free market vendors don't have to pay off the resort, you will find much fairer prices.
This does not mean however, that you should pay the first offered price by these vendors. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE. You must be assertive in your negotiations. If you are the type who is not good at negotiating your position, please shoot me an email and I will give you some tips, or answer any questions, in addition to what I have included below.
How to negotiate:
1) Set a price in your head of what you feel the merchandice is worth. The way I look at it is, if I saw this merchandice in a store, what price tag would have to be on it to make me feel comfortable buying it.
2) Let the vendor tell you his price.
3) Laugh out loud, or make some kind of gesture to show him or her how rediculous this price is.
4) Let him make the first move downward.
5) Laugh at this price.
6) By now, the vendor will hand you a calculator.
7) Enter a price well be low your ceiling, but high enough to keep negotiations going. (If the offer from the vender is $30 and your ceiling is $15, put in a $9 offer.
Fun Alternatives: 8) He or she will laugh and tell you there is no way that price will work. Give the calculator back and tell him to enter a new price closer to yours. He will come back with an offer of $23.
You might also like
Premium Protection Bavaro Beach Punta Cana Dominican Republic Case Cover With Design For Galaxy S3- Retail Packaging
Gaming Mouse Pad Oblong Shaped Bavaro Beach Punta Cana Dominican Republic Mouse Mat Design Natural Eco Rubber Durable Computer Desk Stationery Accessories Mouse Pads For Gift Support Wired Wireless or Bluetooth Mouse
Office Product (Paul Ito)