Dominican University Admissions
We would be glad to meet with you to discuss transfer opportunities. To set up an appointment with a transfer counselor, please call the Office of Admissions (415) 485-3204 or toll free (888) 323-6763.
Why Transfer to Dominican University of California?
- Small classes and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1.
- 43 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in liberal arts and sciences, business and international studies, health sciences, and teacher education.
- 85 percent of students receive financial aid, including merit-based scholarships, grants and loans.
- Transfer applications are accepted for both fall and spring semesters.
- General Education requirements can be completed before or after you transfer.
- Degree programs are offered in the day and evening.
The Admissions Process
If you would like to be considered for admission to Dominican University of California you will need a minimum transfer G.P.A. of 2.0 for admission to the University (3.0 minimum if you are declaring a major in Nursing and 2.8 minimum if you are declaring a major in Health Sciences/Pre-Occupational Therapy), and you must be in good academic standing at the last college you attended.
To Apply, Please Submit the Following
- A completed Dominican University of California Application and $50.00 application processing fee; or Dominican Online Application; or Common Application.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended;
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or professional colleague;
- An essay on one of the topics listed in the application;
- If you have fewer than 24 transferable units completed at the time of application, you must submit an official high school or GED transcript and SAT scores. You do not need to submit SAT scores if you have been out of high school for two or more years.
All application documents become the property of Dominican University of California and will be maintained by the Office of Admissions for two years if the student does not matriculate for the term to which they apply.
Financial Aid and Scholarships (Priority Deadline: March 1)
- Scholarships are available for fall and spring semesters.
- Awards are based upon student's cumulative transfer GPA and admission to the University.
- Competitive transfer scholarships available to full-time students, ranging from $5, 000-$10, 000 per year.
You might also like
The rule of St. Augustine ; and, the Constitution of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Dominic of the Congregation of St. Catharine of Sienna, Springfield, Ky., U.S
Book (St. Catharine of Sienna Convent)
St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital Jackson, Mississippi Original Vintage Postcard
Entertainment Memorabilia (Deep South Specialties Inc)