Visas & Permits
Moving to another country can often be a hassle and the Dominican Republic is no different. But don’t worry, Just Landed will give you all the information you need to get over those bureaucratic hurdles!
When entering the Dominican Republic, you will need a visa or you will have to purchase a tourist card.
To find out exactly which visa you need check the Ministry of the Exterior website and enter the reason for your trip, your nationality, and country of legal residence (in Spanish).
If you wish to work, study or live in the Dominican Republic you will need a different kind of visa. You can find out which visa meets your demands at our articles “Short stay visas” or “Citizenship and residence”. You will also be able to find which documents are necessary for these visas.
There are some general rules which makes it easier to understand the hassle which visas can cause.
- If you are legally allowed to enter the European Union, the United States of America, Canada and Great Britain, then there is a strong possibility that you may enter the Dominican Republic, by presenting the Tourist Card (take a look at the full list in the link mentioned above).
- If you travel to the Dominican Republic for business, you will have to apply for a simple or multiple business visa. A tourist visa or tourist card is only eligible for tourism purposes only.
- Business visas will be issued by the Dominican Consulates under the provisions contained in SEREX Resolution No. 01-08 dated February 7, 2008.
- Visa applications will be received and authorized exclusively by the Chancellery
- If you require a visa and there is no Dominican consular mission in your country of residence, you must go to the Dominican consular mission in the nearest country.
- Go to the Department of Migration and apply for an extension if you wish to have one.
Thank you. Your message has been sent.Send this to a friend
You might also like
Silicon MIX Intensive Hair Deep Treatment 16oz By Avanti[health and Beauty]
Womens Hair Wrapping Net Dominican Style Duby Hair Scarf Wraping Large Hair Net Hair Tye Onesize (Black)
Walgreens Pain Free Wrap, 2 Inch 1 ea(pack of 2)
Health and Beauty (Walgreens)