Dominican Republic volunteer
The Dominican Republic is famous for its beautiful white sand beaches, vibrant culture and warm, friendly people. With the highest mountains of the Caribbean, breathtaking beaches and a vast network of underground caves, you will fall in love with this beautiful country and its festive culture.
As you volunteer in the Dominican Republic, your heart will be touched by the passion and spirit of the local people, many of whom have very little. Give of yourself to help improve their quality of life through community building and children’s programs, including arts & crafts, music, recreation and health education. Devote your time to enriching the lives of children and families in rural communities who have little access to quality education and employment.
Adventure tour activities may include waterfall rappeling in the Dominican Alps, surf lessons and snorkeling on the North Coast, a historical and cultural tour of the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo, caving in Hato Mayor and horseback riding to the secluded Limon waterfall.
- Health education programs for impoverished children
- Building homes for single parent families
- Improving access to water and sanitation
- Construction of schools and community centers
- Recreation, sports, art & crafts activities
- Community recycling and clean-up programs
- Teach music, dance and theatre
- Painting educational murals
Second 2 weeks
Travel across this tropical island for non-stop culture and adventure
- Horseback riding to secluded waterfalls
- White water rafting on the Yaque del Norte River*
- Surfing* and snorkeling in the warm waters of the North Coast
- Canyoning* and rappeling
- Cliff-jumping and sliding down natural waterfalls*
- Exploring one of the largest caves in the Caribbean*
- Discovering the colonial city of Santo Domingo and beach culture of Cabarete
- Merengue, bachata and salsa dancing!
*Optional Activity Package (OAP) activities. For a full list of what’s in the OAP visit